Thursday, March 20, 2014

Bioderma Sebium Cleansers {Review}


Bioderma Sebium is the oily and combination skin product range from trusted french brand Bioderma, which launched in Australia towards the end of 2012. The bad beauty blogger that I am, I always skipped over the sebium range until I went to the product information event! Being such a long term lover of the Bioderma Crealine Micellular Water, you would have thought I would have looked to either side of the shelves and had a look at the other products in the Bioderma range. Well, my eyes are closed no longer, and I am actually pretty impressed with all of the Bioderma ranges on offer.

Today's post is my thoughts on the cleansers available in the Bioderma Sebium range, for oily and combination skin. All of the cleansers in this range contain the special Fluidactiv patent, which Bioderma states helps to reduces sebum production, as well as preventing sebum in your skin thickening, therefore limiting the risk of it clogging pores.Whilst I can't really comment on the thickness of my sebum, I can certainly state that my skin has not broken out or reacted in any way to the cleansers. So, now onto the individual reviews.


Bioderma Sebium Purifying Cleansing Micelle Solution: 

I am sure that most of you have heard about the wonder makeup remover Bioderma Crealine? This is Crealine's sister for oily skins. Whilst this cleanser does the same job of the Bioderma Crealine - removing makeup and oil from your skin - and does it well; it also does the extra job of helping to purify the skin. The added ingredients which help your skin are zinc gluconate and copper sulfate, ingredients with skin healing properties. The beauty of this product is that it does all of this without leaving your skin tight and dry, with no need to rinse afterwards. Simply wipe on and wipe off with a cotton pad. I always double cleanse if I have been wearing makeup however, and this is where we move on to product number two, the Bioderma Purifying Cleansing Foaming Gel (what a mouthful of a name).


Bioderma Sebium Purifying Cleansing Foaming Gel:

Having sensitive, dry skin, I was pretty sceptical when I was told that is foaming gel cleanser would not dry out my skin. Every foaming cleanser I have ever tried has dried out my skin. Except this one. It is a soap free and alcohol free cleanser, and it is extremely gentle. Bioderma states that it is a cleanser suitable for "the most sensitive skins", and if my crazy sensitive skin is anything to go by, it isn't a lie! Again, zinc gluconate and copper sulfate are added to help purify and heal the skin. It foams nicely and cleanses well. I do have to say I am suitably impressed with this cleanser!


Bioderma Exfoliating Purifying Gel:

This exfoliator contains little spherical microbeads in a foaming gel. It is a combination exfoliator, using a combination of physical exfoliator (the little spherical microbeads), and a chemical exfoliator (salicylic acid ester and glycolic acid) to help breakdown and remove dead skin cells, leaving a clear, glowing complexion. I find this exfoliator to be quite gentle, but on my cheeks (where my skin is driest and most sensitive) I find that the little microbeads can feel a teeny bit rough. Those of you without skin as sensitive as mine should have no problems though.

So, there you go. Have you tried any other Bioderma Sebium range? x

*These products were provided for consideration by PR.

{Facebook} {Bloglovin} {Twitter} {Google Plus} {Pinterest} {Instagram}

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I love this range. The micellar water is my fave though :)

    Sarah | More Than Adored

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review. I've actually never heard of these cleansers before! Thanks for sharing :)


    xo Azu


    www.raven-locks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I love and read every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Views Since 12th May, 2012