I stand by my theory that once I love something enough to make it Holy Grail, it never gets written about. I am sorry HG products, I will have to stop neglecting you!
So why did Clinique Superbalanced make the HG list?
- It is the perfect colour for me. I am so white that a lot of foundations are too dark - but not this baby, colour number 27 ie. Alabaster is perfect for me. I also love that I can say I have an Alabaster complexion (I am such a vintage lover I have always wanted to say that!).
- It evens out my complexion, scars and all. Plus, it does this whilst remaining breathable and non-comedogenic. This lovely foundation does not produce breakouts on me!
- The packaging is smart and adorable. I love minimalistic packaging and square shapes.
- It will last you through at 8-10 hour work day. Probably not much longer though!
Unfortunately, whilst this wonderful foundation has made HG status, there is one thing I am not a fan of:
- Sexy, smashable glass packaging. Bathroom tiles are not this foundations best friend.
- The top is open, allowing you to pour product out. Therefore, simple and easy to apply some to the back of your hand, not so hygienic if you just put some on your fingers and apply like moi. Also, very easy to pour way too much out. I can handle it, in fact I quite like it, but I understand others would not.
This foundation is supposed to even out dry patches and prevent oiliness in other areas. It certainly prevents oiliness for a certain period of time, but it is by no means perfect or fool proof. Do not expect miracles, your skin care should be performing that for you!